Window Style 101
Your window coverings can play a big role in the style of your space. So, whether you’re shooting for a tranquil feeling or something bright to display your personality, you’re bound to uncover an idea here! Here are a few tips to fancy up your windows.
- To generate a sense of drama or to make a smaller room feel bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a dash of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to show off your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a fancy print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is used for your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a bit too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love sprucing things up for the season, or just like to change things up a lot, try changing out the curtains in your main living room. You can go as festive as you prefer!
- If you’re having problems finding the ideal pattern for your curtains, don’t confine yourself to normal window curtains. Try looking at tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you have in mind.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To liven up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You can use anything from a nice ribbon to sea shells you found on vacation.