Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the ambiance that guests have when arriving at your Birmingham home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are willing to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and call for a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring an entire look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery near a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unpleasant parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can receive a major revamp.
Accept guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Birmingham, give them a call at 877-680-9617 or arrange an appointment online to consider all the selections for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.