The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated portion of your home’s windows. They provide you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wants, and with the number of styles and colors offered, you can uncover a combination to achieve whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you have
the ability to swap styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you go
with, there are a handful of color choices to meet
your design expectations.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to offer more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make it easier to clean the glass.
Now that we’ve seen a few positives of window grilles, let’s take a look at the challenges surrounding window grilles.
- While there are a number of
designs we carry, some homeowners feel that a
few grille styles might block their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that is cleaned, cleaning can be more of a headache.
- Replacement windows that feature grilles are sometimes more costly than those that don’t feature grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to purchase replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles can be a great addition to your next set of windows. There are a number of things to consider, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our team, we’re sure you’ll find exactly what you’re searching for. Of course, with the host of options available, we suggest stopping by our Birmingham showroom, giving us a call at 877-680-9617 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we can provide.