The Entrance to Your Birmingham, AL Escape Hinged and Sliding Patio Doors
A patio is an important piece of a home and its total atmosphere. Not only does it function as a great spot for entertaining, but a patio can also inspire us to get out a tad more and enjoy some fresh air. That’s why it shouldn’t be a huge surprise that the entranceway to the patio is just as important. Regardless if it’s a hinged or sliding patio door, it can deliver a lot more than just being an additional door in your home.
Whether you’ve just built a patio for your home and are searching for a new sliding patio door or you are simply swapping an old one, there are a host of options to pick from when you begin your research. We thought it might be helpful to make the process a little easier by covering a few of the basics of the most common patio doors you will find available.
Sliding Patio Doors
One of the bonuses of sliding patio doors is that they don’t swing open, meaning you have additional space to work with when it’s time to decorate and place your furniture. Sliding patio doors also permit a great deal of natural light, adding a warm glow to your home.
So what do you need to know about sliding patio doors to help you decide if they are right for your home? Here are a couple helpful tips to help you while you look:
- Available in naturally beautiful wood, durable fiberglass and low-maintenance vinyl.
- Doors are constructed with one panel so that they easily slide to one side.
- Two, three or four panel models are available.
- Come with a variety of grille styles to choose from.
- Add on a traditional insect screen or Pella’s Rolscreen® retractable insect screen.
- A variety of hardware finishes are available.
Hinged and French Patio Doors
Hinged and French wood patio doors are another great selection offering craftsmanship that adds character and beauty to any space in your home. With the choice between two doors that swing open from the middle or two doors, one movable and one fixed, you can meet the needs of your home to help ensure superior functionality and practicality.
Hinged and French patio doors have a lot of similarities to sliding patio doors, providing you with great flexibility and customization to meet your design and function needs.
- Hinged doors come as single or double doors.
- Doors can open from the right or left.
- The wood construction can be guarded by a low-maintenance. EnduraClad finished aluminum exterior cladding (available in Architect Series®, Designer Series® and Pella ® ProLine 450 Series).
- Multi-point locking system available for additional security.
- Satin nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, polished brass and white hardware finishes.
- A great deal of grille options available attached directly to the glass, between the panes of glass or removable.
Patios are a great addition to Birmingham homes, and hinged and sliding patio doors are a perfect way to show off this amazing feature. If you want a comprehensive look at all of the hinged and sliding patio doors available from Pella Windows and Doors, come by our Birmingham showroom, give us a call at 877-680-9617 or set up an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.