Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Birmingham, AL Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – not many things are better than looking out your wood windows on a perfect, warm day in Birmingham. And with a bit of spring-cleaning, those windows will shimmer, giving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or something else, no one wants streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a couple cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s more enjoyable to clean with the sun out, the sun could actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is correctly cleaned, so use that cloudy day to get your cleaning done.
- Getting the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how it looks.
- Always start from the top when washing your windows. Doing so makes sure the excess drips don’t head to the part of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Take an old towel or paper towel and place it at the bottom of the window to collect any drips to keep them from settling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, ensure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips made their way through, it will help shield the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a bit of TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the team at Pella Windows and Doors can help offer proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Birmingham today and check out which line of products are best for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.