Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Cooler temps are heading our way in Birmingham and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors offer during Birmingham winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can trickle in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our KC Pella team a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to produce a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Birmingham.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Birmingham a call at 877-680-9617 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.