How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Birmingham
Fall is upon us in Birmingham, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to think about when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are a variety of ways to produce levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Birmingham a call at 877-680-9617 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!